Gina Lovelady Room 104
Friendly Notes and Reminders
Week of December 16 - 20
· No school Dec. 23 – Jan. 7: Winter Break, Professional Development, and Teacher’s work day.
· See you all in the New Year on Wednesday, January 8, 2020! Have a wonderful and restful break!
· Thank you all for attending our readers’ theater! The students loved performing and reading for you!
· For the second grade multi-cultural festival this Wednesday, students can come in traditional clothing from their culture. This is optional.
· Library books due every Tuesday.
Reading – Unit 3: Plants and Animals in their Habitats
R-E-A-D for at least 20 min. a day!
Writing – Friendly Letter special activity.
Word Work – No Spelling patterns and high frequency words this week. We’ll focus on winter words in class.
Math – Topic 7: Mental Subtraction
Extra Practice – Look in the Practice Workbook for the correlating lesson number of the foldable.
Social Studies - Families, Now and Long Ago
Science - Pebble, Sand, and Silt
School to Home – Choose an activity to do from the back of your blue communication folder.