Happy November everyone!
Here is a brief outline of the topics we will be covering in class during December. Please email me with any concerns or questions.
- Math: Unit 6: review
- Writing: Non-Fiction writing
- Reading: We will continue our work on comparing points of view. Skills that we will continue to practice are: identifying key events, summarizing, comparing/contrasting, writing a paragraph and/or story using a writing prompt.
- Social Studies: landforms (geography)
- Computer Lab: Robo-lab (introduction to robotics), Hour of Code
- SEL (social/emotional learning): Reflecting on how we can demonstrate kindness inside and outside of the classroom by working together. We will continue appreciation circles, go noodle mindful exercises, and whole class games.
Mrs. D Singh
- Daily math homework: this week we finish unit 6
- Reading nightly
- Reader's Workshop activity calendar (optional)
- 8:20-8:30 Morning Work, Attendance
- 8:30-8:40 Morning Gather
- 8:40-9:30 Math
- 9:30-9:40 Go Noodle, Body Brea
- 9:40-10:25 Reading, or SS/Science
- 10:24-10:44 Recess
- 10:44-10:50 Breathe, Go Noodle
- 11:00-11:45 Writing
- 11:45-12:10 Read Aloud, SEL Time
- 12:10-1:10 Lunch
- 1:10-1:20 Breathe, Go Noodle
- 1:20-2:00 Reading or SS/Science
- 2:00-2:20 Clean up, Homework
- Log, Silent Reading
- 2:20-2:40 End of Day Gather,