over the next week we will continue to create connections, nurture our classroom community, as well as learn and review classroom and school procedures that help to keep us all safe and respected.
Here is a brief outline of the topics we are covering in class. Please email me with any concerns or questions.
- Math: Unit 4: multiplication
- Writing: Narrative Writing: starting to write about a small part (seed) of a main event and learning to write this event with more detail.
- Reading: We will finish our unit on Government. Right now students are summarizing and reading about some of the human rights activists that brought change to our country. We are also learning how to write a paragraph.
- Social Studies: Government (branches of government)
- Computer Lab: Digital citizenship and an introduction to editing using tools in google docs.
- SEL (social/emotional learning): Reflecting on how we can demonstrate kindness inside and outside of the classroom. We will continue appreciation circles, go noodle mindful exercises, and whole class games.
Mrs. D Singh
- Daily math homework: this week we will be finishing Unit 3
- Reading nightly
- 8:20-8:30 Morning Work, Attendance
- 8:30-8:40 Morning Gather
- 8:40-9:30 Math
- 9:30-9:40 Go Noodle, Body Brea
- 9:40-10:25 Reading, or SS/Science
- 10:24-10:44 Recess
- 10:44-10:50 Breathe, Go Noodle
- 11:00-11:45 Writing
- 11:45-12:10 Read Aloud, SEL Time
- 12:10-1:10 Lunch
- 1:10-1:20 Breathe, Go Noodle
- 1:20-2:00 Reading or SS/Science
- 2:00-2:20 Clean up, Homework
- Log, Silent Reading
- 2:20-2:40 End of Day Gather,