ROOM 8 NEWS
Week of September 30th– October 4th2019
· Thank you all who have donated to Kindness Week. All donations are used to help support vital programs here at Audubon.
· If you haven’t already, please bring in a pair of headphones for your child to use in class. We are beginning to use Chromebooks during our reading centers. Please bring headphones to school in a labeled Ziploc bag. They will be returned at the end of the school year.
· Fall Break begins next week. There will be no school October 7th– 18th. School will resume on Monday, October 21st
· Have students use Raz-Kids and IXL over the break for extra practice in reading and math.
Language Arts: Topic 1: Finishing up Government at Work
Math: Topic 3: Subtraction strategies. Test on Wednesday. We will start Topic 4 after the fall break. Please review and practice basic math facts (addition and subtraction) over the break.
* Remember! Read 20 minutes or longer daily, and choose an activity to do as a family.