Gina Lovelady Room 104
Friendly Notes and Reminders
Week of Mar. 4 - Mar. 8
· Please use the link below to order author signed (Author Gennifer Choldenko) book(s). Order due date is this Tuesday, March 5, 2019 https://www.thereadingbug.com/visit/choldenko321
· Sports day is this Wednesday. Show pride in your favorite team or sport!
· Wee Care is collecting canned soups and veggies for donations.
· Library books due Tuesday.
· Please check our class page on the Audubon website regularly.
March 11: No School Teacher PD day
April 1 - 12: Spring Break
March 18 - March 22: Literacy Week We will celebrate Literacy Week with special activities during these days. (Mon.) - Kick off assembly with Mrs. Brady and Mr. Gariss, (Tues.) Teacher Switch read aloud, (Wed.) Reading with our buddies and Pajama Day, (Thurs.) Author Visit, (Fri.) A teachers readers theater and Book Swap
The students are learning about the world around us: Balance and Motion (science) and The Land Around Us (Social Studies).
Reading – Unit 4: Many Characters, Many Points of Views
Read at least 20 min. each night.
Writing – We are now working on an informational/nonfiction writing piece (while waiting for more Flat Students to come back from their travels).
Word Work – New spelling patterns and high frequency words. Please find weekly spelling patterns and example words on the back of this sheet.
Math – Topic 10: Place Value
Extra Practice – Look in the Practice Workbook for the matching lesson number of the foldable.
Home Activities – Choose an activity to do at home.